December 17, 2007

Working with Mom

I work at a company with two wonderful ladies who are both old enough to be my mom. I am not afraid to say this, because they constantly remind me on a weekly basis. Their always firing from there arsenal of witty motherly comments. For example - When the time arrives in the day to use the throne I must pass their office on the way. Suddenly I cringe when I hear "Where are you going?" of course in the loud obnoxious motherly tone we all know. So hear is the rest of the dialogue....(Imagine the "obnoxious motherly tone")

ME- "Don't worry about it!"

Mom #1- "What If I need you, or what if someone calls?"

Mom #2- "You still haven't told us where you are going!"

ME- "Can't both you moms just worry about yourselves?!"

Mom #2- "Helloooo, WHERE ARE YOU GOING?"

ME- I always continue to talk to them while walking down the hall. "I'll be back in a minute or two!"

These conversations can last for longer than you think....you would be surprised, but you don't want to even imagine it.

Don't get me wrong, they are great ladies and I love to work with both of them. I think Erin can be even more assured that I will not get into any trouble here at work with them both nagging at me. I swear they hid some kind of GPS device on my while taking an afternoon nap. Somehow they always know where I am........SCARY!!!

3 comments:

erin said...

I am not worried about you at your office--just at the restaurant wiht those college hoochies!

Anonymous said...

Jason - We know where you are because we are moms and we just know these things. You should know this by now. Ask your wife.
We also want you to say you are going to the bathroom because we think it's funny when we make you say that. We know we are pains in the butt. We want to be. That's what makes life fun and enjoy working with you too.

xoxo - Mom #2 - I think...because I am much younger than Mom #1.

Anonymous said...

Mom #2 is not THAT much younger than Mom #1. But Mom #1 is much wiser. And Jason - you better mind your P's & Q's!!