December 18, 2007

The "Hell Ride" home

I am trying to prepare my mind for the trip back to the homeland (Clarkston, WA - my glorious hometown) for Christmas with the parents. I think Erin and I will check ourselves in to the psych ward when we get back. So I have developed a plan for preparing my mind with the craziness that awaits. Maybe if I stick to this plan I will be ready for what awaits and I can avoid the "check in" at the crazy house when we return....


Mind Preparation Phase 1 - The packing of the crap in our transportation vehicle!



Keep in mind-all the Christmas stuff that you buy for kids under the age of 5 is ginormous. My mind is sort of at ease, because I am at the office so much this week and working nights at a restaurant to pay for this fun trip. So the load piles on top of my beautiful, humble, and yes...very attractive wife. (There was absolutely no sarcasm in my typing at all) I will however try and fit it all in the vehicle later. That alone could almost be a phase by itself.


Mind Preparation Phase 2 - The 12 hour drive up with three kids under the age of 5. Then, while at our destination comes the tricky part. Trying to have a good time without thinking of the drive back......YIKES! I still have not figured out how to not think of the hell ride home when on a vacation.


Mind Preparation Phase 3 - Who am I kidding - we are still going to the "Loony Bin"!

4 comments:

erin said...

Hey there lover! I am dreading this! Please can we move up there so we don't ever have to drive again?!

lindsey said...

Good luck on the long drive. Make sure to take some Red Bull and Coke to keep your sanity!

Spammon said...

We drove to San Diego with our 2 year old, and it wasnt that bad since we had a portable DVD player. But watching Disney's Cars 20 times in a row can get old...I don't envy you on this trip.

shauna said...

Good luck with all the preparations! And have fun. I'm extremely jealous. But don't move back just yet. You have to wait for me... (Although that might be, well, never.) Have fun, guys!