December 20, 2007

Holy Mother Trucker

This is for all you with "Little Boys" at home. You might want to let them see this!



When the Pipe Plant purchased a new Locomotive they donated the old one to a Company who could restore it and use if for train rides. The company is called "The Heber Creeper" (they do train tours up and down the canyon from Provo to Heber Utah. While watching them move the train car I realized that this is by far the biggest truck I have ever seen in my life. Imagine a full size Locomotive or think of this next time you see one, and you will have a better idea about how big this really is. It took them two days just to hook it up. It is pushed by a Semi and pulled by another Semi. They blocked off all access both ways up Provo canyon to Heber for about 10 hours. They only drive approx. 6 miles per hour. CRAZY HUH!!

2 comments:

Spammon said...

I'd hate to be the guy who is driving that. I guess he'd have time to jump out, run to the porta potty and get back in the truck before it even went 20 ft. I saw them move a house on 'This Old House' once. That was some serious equipment too. But I've never seen anything that big up close.

lindsey said...

Wow 6 miles an hour!?!?! I'm way to impatient for that speed.

Have a safe trip!